Monday 29 November 2010

Time for the tree

Yesterday was tree day
thanks to Mr & Mrs Bennett
and their van.

Getting the decorations out each year is always a thrill for me.
Opening the box of treasures and remembering the memories
attached to each one. Here are a few close ups.
An angel sheep because a tree's not a tree without an angel sheep!

A shiny snow globe bauble.

All hearts come home for Christmas.

One of my favourites.
Let it snow.

Mitten with a rusty snowflake.

A Caroline Zoob heart bought from
the Country Living Fair in London.

Twinkle, twinkle little star.

I made this angel a couple of years ago
at a Hope & Elvis workshop and she always
takes pride of place at the top of the tree.

Here it is all finished.

While sorting out the shelves and trying to pack bits
for moving I found this book.
It made me smile, this quiet reminder sent when I least expected it.

This is the page for December
with its seasonal drawing.
So thrilled it found me today.

Back to work!
Then it was the turn of the fireplace.
A general tidy up and dust.
A garland added.
New logs stacked up and ready to keep us warm
on these oh so cold nights.

As evening fell it all began to look quiet magical.

I am forever grateful to be spending another
Christmas in this lovely home.
I hope to make it a good one
spending it with the friends and family who
have helped me through this difficult year.

That thought makes me smile.
I can't wait.
Tomorrow the kitchen!
Enjoy your evening.
Love Daisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment