Thursday 25 November 2010

Christmas Craft Workshop


This picture has absolutely nothing to do
with the workshop but I took it this morning
and wanted to share it with you. :)

Tuesday was spent in Heaths Country Store
making all kinds of goodies for Christmas.
I brought in a wide variety of patterns and books
(I have a few!) and everyone had a browse through and
decided what they wanted to make.

Hot drinks and chocolate biscuits were on offer
as usual. I don't know about you but I just can't operate
without chocolate nearby!

Jules busy making bottle bags with her 'Ho Ho Ho' fabric.

Una went for a 'Winter bird' wall hanging.

Here are the bottle bags finished complete with
a hanging heart too.
Love the choice of fabric Jules. :)

Jane set out on a epic Gingerbread man marathon!
Here they are ready to be tea dyed and made into a garland.

She then started to make a Christmas stocking in
red ticking. When finished it will have a snowman sitting
in the top. Can't wait to see it Jane. :)

Annie decided to make an Annie!
Her first attempt at making a doll and
the christening of Annies new sewing machine.
I think the results speak for themselves.
I just love her teacup dress!

On the last workshop Una made this lovely Angel
for her granddaughter Beth Alice.
I would like to say a big thank you to Beth
for letting her visit the shop so I could
take a picture to share with you all as
she sleeps with her every night.

This is Una's 'Snow bird' wall hanging top
finished and ready to be turned into a sandwich
and quilted. Might have to make this one
myself now!

I would like to thank all girls for coming to the class.
We always have a fun time sharing stories and listening
to Steve's jokes while we busily stitch away.
A big thank you to Heath as well for use of the shop
which is a creative playground for us all.
Thank you all for visiting my blog and I would
love to hear your comments.
Enjoy your evening.
Daisy x

2 comments:

  1. I think all those projects look great-nothing naff at all which is quite an achievement when groups of you get together to make things, so well done you! really like the stripy bottle bag fabric! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny. They are a talented bunch.:)
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete