Sunday 15 May 2011

My Darling Dad

Last Monday my darling Dad passed away aged 81
after a long illness which he fought bravely.
He was born on 22nd April 1930.

He married my lovely Mum on 20th June 1953.


They raised me and my three siblings ...

and helped raise six gorgeous grandchildren.


He was a loving husband, a fantastic Dad, a doting Grandpa, 
a respected business man, a fabulous DIYer
and a great friend to many.


I cannot put into words how much he was loved and
 how much he will be missed.
My darling Dad,  sleep well. xxx


7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of love and light in your family's direction x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry for your loss, your Dad sounds a wonderful man much loved by his family.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have lost your wonderful dad sweetie, parents arn't meant to die they've just gone to sleep for a while, till you meet again... Lucey x. PS My dad was born just two months after yours and he's in heaven too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mandy I am sorry to hear your sad news - it's made me a little tearful as I know too well how it feels as my lovely Dad died last September. It's hard but one thing that has helped me is a quote from somewhere - I don't know where I read it that it's 'Your heart can't be broken if it's filled with love'. Hope it helps a little. Take care hugs to you and your family. Debs X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss.

    I am thinking of you from way over here.

    Take care, Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lovely post made me cry! Love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. Debs and Lucey sending you love and hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete