Thursday 7 October 2010

I have the best job!

A couple of weeks ago this fabric arrived in the shop.
I NEEDED SOME!

Today, when I arrived at work, I could resist no longer.
I had to make something.

I cut two 5 inch strips from 9 different fabrics.
Then I cut them into different lengths and mixed them up.

I machined them into lengths choosing the fabric at random.

and this was the result.

I'm so lucky to be able to work in a place filled with inspiration.

Where our boss, Heath ( a truly wonderful man)
lets his staff create when we feel the inspiration to do so.
I have the best of jobs.
Thanks Boss x
Heaths Country Store can be found on facebook and there is also a monthly newsletter which you can request via email at deespatchworkbarn@btinternet.com
If you're in the area next Thursday, Friday or Saturday (14th,15th,16th) there is a sale in store with 15% off everything ( apart from the staff!)

3 comments:

  1. Jealous.com ! I love the colours you chose and the mismatched patchwork is a great easy idea. What are you going to do with it now?

    Give my love to Heath
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    I need to put a border on it and then back it, quilt it and then I think it will have to come home with me! Just love the fresh colours. I will pass the message on to Heath. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why he isn't discounting the staff :-)

    ReplyDelete