Saturday, 3 October 2015

Nurse George to the rescue

I know. I know. It's been a long time since my last blog, however there is a very good reason for it, and while I know a lot of people say that. At this juncture, do you like the use of that word there I had to use it because putting point in a sentence twice looks bad,  I would like to point out, damn hoist by my own petard, that I'm a dog and people rules don't apply to me.

So carrying on. The reason that I've been quiet is that I have been very busy looking after Daisy.

Yes, I know it's very tiring and sometimes you just have to take a minute and chill out.

You see Daisy hasn't been very well. A human thing called Labyrinthitis hit her very hard. For those of you that don't know what that is like imagine chasing your tail while on a cruise ship in a storm and drinking something called alcohol and you'll get a glimpse into how she felt.

One moment she was fine, teaching a class one evening last month, and the next morning wham. She couldn't stand up or focus!

Of course I looked at the servant, but he didn't have a clue what was happening as usual, I sometimes wonder why we keep him around. Anyway Daisy managed to get the vet out.


What do you mean he isn't called a vet when he comes out to you?

And he doesn't take your temperature, I can't bring myself to say it.

A doctor? He's called a D O C T O R. Vet's easier, it only has three letters.

Ok, well one of those came out and told Daisy bed rest for about a week, possibly two, and then nothing stressful for a month or so.

The man servant did his best with drinks and any food she could eat, while I did all the heavy lifting. You know, the lying on the bed beside her, hand hugging and nose nuzzling for a stroke. The eating of things that would just be too much for her to eat, Rich Tea Finger Biscuits in case you feel the need to send me any. And let's not forget the sleeping beside her all day as a comfort. 

Of course she had to do the thing that hurts her the most and that is to ring people on her classes and......I can't even bring myself to say the word.....cancel. People were very good and understood what was happening.

After a week and a half, and a car journey to see how she was, Daisy started her classes again. We, Daisy and myself, had the man servant drive us to work and basically run around the class as ordered, while we sat and watched. I do have to say that he didn't do too badly, but the best thing to come out of this is that I get to go to all of the classes now. So it's worth coming just to see me.

The good news is that Daisy is on the mend. She can walk in a straight line most of the time and the world is a more stable place, but if she does too much it does make her world spin. 

Now for some great news. Daisy is at this moment in Wales teaching a class at Indigo Moon in Montgomery and I would like to thank Tina, the owner, for inviting us along. Yes, I was allowed to come to. 

In fact just this lunchtime I popped in just to see how things were going and I must say the greeting and strokes I got were well worth the 45 second walk from the hotel.

So that will give you something to look forward to in my next blog, and Daisy lets me have some pictures.

In the meantime here's a picture of Daisy on the Thursday night before she took ill, teaching a little group some embroidery stitches.

While others did some hexie work.

Anyway, that's been the last month. Things are looking up and the man servant is making sure that Daisy doesn't over do it.

I would put a picture of him on, but that's another story for another time.

Now remember life isn't that bad as long as my dinner is ready at 7.45 every night no matter how you're feeling.


  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling better, I've had vertigo a couple of times and I know that's not a patch on labrynthitis.
    Hope you've had a fab time in Wales x

  2. Feeling much better now thanks. We had a marvellous time, the place was lovely, and the weather was fab thanks. Xx