Thursday 3 March 2011

Thursdays surprise

This is what I should have been sorting 
out this afternoon.
The awful landing that I walk passed
with blinkers on every morning.


But on my trip out this morning I bought this
magazine as I do most months.
(heart hiding big orange Sainsburys
none removable sticker - yuk!)


So I poured a drink and opened
another button Easter egg (I'm on my
third this year - what can I say?)
and was happily browsing through
the pages when I looked at this
page and thought that heart looks familiar.  


So I had a closer look...


 and realised it was one that I had made!


Here it is with a few others I designed at the same time.


Then a few pages later was another one...


hiding in a basket.  This one was made out
of an old quilt piece.


 I have to say it has made my day.  
I had no idea they were going in the magazine. 
A big thank you to Amanda at  Decorative Country Living
for sending them in.
Well back to the regular world.
I should probably go and clear the landing now.
Have a lovely evening.
Hugs Daisy xxx

6 comments:

  1. Well, Can I please have your autograph Mandy? Congratulations how lovely!

    I also have to say I am in love with your rosey ironing board cover.

    Have a great weekend. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    You did make me smile!
    The ironing board cover is a Cath Kidston one.
    Hope you have a good weekend too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a smashing surprise for you. Congratulations indeed,lovely hearts.
    I wear blinkers when I'm on the computer, this study is a study in clutter!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful, congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have something you've made in a magazine. I love all your handmade goodies and I see you sell them at decorative country living but when I looked on the website I couldn't find anything??? In particular I love the watches....Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucey,
    If you go on the DCL website then choose the vintage button and then choose jewellery and vintage clothing they are under that section. There are also some button bracelets, cuffs and belts made by me too. The hearts and quilts are one offs and so don't get put on the website.
    Thanks for the lovely post.
    Hugs
    Daisy xxx

    ReplyDelete