Wednesday 8 September 2010

Beautiful Brittany

I managed to get away for a few days in August to stay with my lovely friends.

The weather wasn't always kind but despite our 'caravan hair' we still managed to have a great time wandering through cobbled streets and drinking hot chocolate.

Eating lots of fabulous food including, dare I say, a curry pizza! (Which did taste delicious.)

This is their delightful house that they have been restoring. It is set in a little hamlet which feels like it has been lost in time. Beautiful, quiet and very laid back.

I fell in love with the architecture.

I managed to find a little shop that sold fabric, ribbons, buttons, yarn and underwear!

Every street had beauty in it.

The faded paint just adding to the joy of discovery.

And then I got a thing for doors ...

There were so many interesting ones...

And more paint colours that almost made me melt.

This building was my favourite. What a beautiful door.

Don't you think?

Scrummy locks.

Ok this is the last one ... promise!

Then onto the beach. These breakers had a worn beauty of their own.

There to protect the wall.

Wonderful Brittany. Hope to visit again soon.
Enjoy your week. x

No comments:

Post a Comment